Graphic Design Lingo

[getsocial app=”sharing_bar”]   Understanding how printing works (and how to speak the language of printers) is important for designers and business owners as well. But are you confused by printing terms such as bleed, resolution, and CMYK?  Keep this jargon-busting glossary close by to get you well on your way to understanding what graphic designers are talking about. Above the fold:: The portion of a webpage that’s visible without scrolling. In print, it’s the portion of the paper that’s visible when folded. Bleed :: Refers to printing that goes beyond the edge of the sheet before trimming. In other words, the bleed is the area to be cut off. These marks (along with the crop […]